Haryana State Holiday List 2024
Haryana, a state in northern India, celebrates various festivals that reflect its cultural and religious diversity.This article is going to discuss in detail about Haryana State Holiday List 2024. Some of the most celebrated state festivals in Haryana include:
- Baisakhi: Baisakhi is a major agricultural festival celebrated in Haryana, marking the harvest season. People participate in traditional dances like Bhangra, visit gurdwaras for prayers, and engage in community celebrations.
- Teej: Teej is a significant festival for married women in Haryana. It involves women dressing in colorful traditional attire, observing fasts, and participating in processions, swings, and cultural events. The festival is dedicated to the goddess Parvati.
- Gugga Naumi: Gugga Naumi is celebrated in reverence of Gugga, a folk deity believed to have the power to cure snake bites. People worship Gugga and participate in traditional dances, rituals, and processions.
- Diwali: Diwali, the festival of lights, is celebrated with enthusiasm in Haryana. People illuminate their homes, burst fireworks, exchange gifts, and share festive meals. The festival symbolizes the victory of light over darkness.
- Holi: Holi, the festival of colors, is celebrated with joy and fervor in Haryana. People play with colored powders, dance, sing, and enjoy festive foods during this lively celebration.
- Janmashtami: Janmashtami marks the birth of Lord Krishna. Temples are decorated, and devotees fast, sing devotional songs, and participate in processions and cultural events.
- Bhishma Ekadashi Fair: This fair is organized at Narkatari in Kurukshetra during the month of November to commemorate the day when Bhishma Pitamah, a key character in the Mahabharata, lay on a bed of arrows.
- Gita Jayanti: Celebrated in Kurukshetra, Gita Jayanti marks the day when the Bhagavad Gita, a sacred Hindu scripture, was spoken by Lord Krishna to Arjuna. Devotees recite verses from the Gita, participate in processions, and engage in religious activities.
- Lohri: Lohri is celebrated in Haryana, especially in rural areas, to mark the end of winter and the arrival of longer days. Bonfires are lit, and people gather to sing traditional songs, dance the Bhangra, and enjoy festive foods.
- Gangore Festival: Celebrated by the women of Haryana, Gangore Festival involves worshipping the goddess Gauri. Women create clay idols of Gauri, participate in processions, and pray for the well-being of their husbands.
|Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e-Milad
|Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday
|Guru Nanak’s Birthday
State Wise Holiday List 2024
Monthwise Holiday List of 2024
This article contains the most celebrated state wide festivals of Haryana. Book mark this article on Haryana State Holiday List 2024 article. You can also go through State Wise Holiday List 2024 and Monthwise Holiday List of 2024.